One thing that sets AS/400 and iSeries administrators apart is the fanatical devotion they have for their big iron. IBM servers are powerful, completely integrated, maintenance free, and virtually indestructible. And IBM servers have also been known to run years without a reboot, and remain active through the most demanding conditions.
So it's really no wonder that Power Systems have such a dedicated fan base.
But the other side of this coin is that iSeries and AS/400 presents some special challenges when it comes to business continuity and data protection.• Although the servers themselves are self-sufficient and maintenance-free the backup process is complex and labor-intensive.
• Due to regulatory requirements, they often need to maintain long-term archives in addition to their versioned backups. This adds an extra layer of unnecessary maintenance to what should be a completely hands-free server platform.
• Recent trends in ecommerce and business intelligence have spurred a trend of rapid data growth within the IBM space, and this is complicating data backup for critical business systems.
• Mechanical storage media could degrade and fail over time, especially after long-term storage or frequent use. And while in transit or storage, tapes and drives face a high risk of loss or theft.
• Compatibility issues often arise when it comes to restoring archival data from older obsolete media formats.
• If you need to recover data from physical storage media, the search and discovery process can be costly, error-prone and labor-intensive.
Manual backups to physical storage media are obsolete technology. What we offer instead is a backup service which combines all of the best qualities that you love about your iSeries and AS400 servers.
This way, your IBM servers become even MORE resilient, MORE reliable, and MORE efficient.
And it's all backed by dedicated, highly-trained, 24-7 support and over a decade of experience.
Why settle for "good enough" commodity backup? Get serious, business-optimized data protection from experts who are passionate about i.
Founded in 2001, Storagepipe was an early pioneer in the area of online backup and managed data protection for IBM servers. Since then, they’ve expanded their services portfolio to include online backup, archiving and high-availability services for every system in your datacenter.
Today, the Storagepipe name is known and respected by IT professionals across the world. But Storagepipe never forgot its roots.
Even today, they are still a dominant player in the area of managed data protection for iSeries, AS/400, AIX, Unix and other systems. Storagepipe’s focus on service and expertise has allowed them to maintain their position as a leader and constant innovator in the space.
Contact Storagepipe to find out how we can cost-effectively automate the protection of your IBM servers while also improving the security and reliability of your backup process.